Born and raised in America, and influenced by Pop-Rock-Country!
I’m pleased to introduce you to a fabulous Singer/Songwriter from Los Angeles!
I found Erin, online performing on Periscope! I knew she was a star that needed to be heard in the music world!
Here’s Erin’s interview chat with me:
Where were you born and raised?
• I was born and raised in Pennsylvania. Spent my childhood years in a teeny-tiny town in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and then moved to a Philadelphia suburb when I was 13 where I spent my high school years. Then lived in New York City for 13 years. Now, I currently live in Los Angeles, CA! USA.
Who are your music influences that you admire?
• SO SO MANY influences! I am influenced by some Pop/Rock artists as well as some Country artists. For Pop/Rock: Kelly Clarkson, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Alanis Morissette, Pink, Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, Fleetwood Mac, and Sara Bareilles. As well as a ton of classic Rock artists like The Rolling Stones and Tom Petty. As far as Country goes, I love Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Sheryl Crow, Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Carly Pearce, Carrie Underwood, Kacey Musgraves.
Do you have training in music or attended music school?
• Yes! I took voice lessons for 10 years, guitar lessons for 2 years, and also minored in music in college.
Do you write your own songs/lyrics? Do you sing cover songs?
• Yes, I write my own songs and lyrics and also do cover songs! Most of my live performances are cover gigs, so I’ve learned a lot of covers over the years!
Do you play shows, have a band, solo artist, and other info to tell me about your performances?
• Yes! I’m playing shows all the time. Usually at least once a week – I play a lot of wineries, breweries, bars, etc. It’s so much fun! I’ve also gotten into online busking on Periscope which has been a lot of fun.
Do you have stage dancers with you on stage, while you play?
• No stage dancers, maybe someday! *Laughs.*
What type of Genre of music, would you describe yourself, and your band sound and interests?
• I would consider my genre a mixture of Pop-Rock and Country Rock.
When playing shows, Do you have a rider list? What’s on your rider list?
• I haven’t done a full out tour yet so I haven’t had the option of having a rider. If I did, my must-haves would be water, chocolate, fruits & veggies, and maybe a nice bottle of red wine. I’m not difficult.
What instruments are used in your band?
• Guitar, Vocals, and sometimes Ukulele!
What type of transportation, does your band use when traveling? Where do you stay while on tours?
• We always travel by car and depending on the venue, stay at a hotel, friend’s or family’s house.
What is the hardest part about performing for a crowd? What are your challenges, if any?
• The hardest part about performing for a crowd sometimes is having their undivided attention. With technology nowadays, people have the tendency to get on their phones and as a performer we are trying to have them be present and enjoy the show!
Where do you record your music/songs?
• My friend who also produced both of my releases has a studio in his house, so I have recorded there.
Do you have a music manager, Producer, Record label, personal hair dresser, wardrobe designer, personal shopper, publicist, etc? Who’s on your team?
• None of the above! Nowadays, there are so many things as a musician that WE can do on our own without hiring help. For instance, I book ALL my own gigs. I’ve never had the help of a booking agent. It’s hard work, but you are also making more profit! I do have my husband help manage me and some of my administrative tasks though, we make a great team.
What are your future goals for your music career? Where do you see yourself one day, musically?
• To continue to grow and pursue bigger things each year. Next year, I am planning on booking a house concert tour to create a more intimate setting and engage with my fans more. It is a great opportunity for musicians to connect with their fans in a special way. I also see down the road touring with some bigger acts as an opener or something. Big goal would be to open up for Pink!
Describe your hobbies, your interests, your personality, your childhood.
• I’m a fitness fanatic! I LOVE hiking, SoulCycle, circuit training, anything where I can be active.
• I’m a BIG wine enthusiast. I perform at a lot of wineries, but also enjoy attending them and tasting all the different flavors. Delicious!
• Love seeing live music when I’m not playing my own gigs!
• When I lived in New York, I LOVED going to Broadway shows. I also used to act when I was younger, so I’d love to make that a hobby of mine again.
• I love to travel and explore new places. My husband and I moved across the country last year and drove the whole way out here. It was so much fun to see parts of the US that I’ve never seen before!
• I’m a bit of a neat freak and love organizing things – is that a hobby? haha.
• Personality? I would say I’m definitely an extrovert, people would describe me as warm and friendly. I love meeting new people and getting to know them! I am also incredibly driven and try to be as optimistic as possible.
I’ve always been a performer from a very young age. I would always corral together my 3 siblings to put on singing and dancing shows for my parents. Looking back I feel bad for them because they were like an hour long and probably boring! haha. I took dance lessons when I was a child, and then got into acting and singing when I was around 10. I got involved in musical theatre and choir all throughout high school – that’s where I spent most of my time! I had a lot of anxiety and body image issues in high school, and my singing is where I found my strong sense of confidence. It became my escape from everything. I started writing songs when I was in high school as well, but it wasn’t until college when I started putting some of those songs to music. It’s amazing to look back at my music journey and see how far I’ve come over the years. Sometimes you just need to take a moment to reflect, you know?
*Whiskey & The Rebel:
Sheryl Crow/Miranda Lambert/Indie folk fans, this is a song for you!
The catchy Southern vocals chorus, with the old Western background vibe, is the perfect song for a Country ranch theme/Indie Film, soundtrack.
Guitars, bass, drums, and Tamborine, complete this original Americana track.
This song can be played anywhere! Take it with you on your cell phone, where ever your adventure takes you this Summer!
COBY CHOCK Music Artist Review. Hawaii. Article written by: Natalie Ogilvie. COUNTRYNATBLOGS Music Artists/ Reviews/Inspirational People/Blogger. Victoria BC Canada Email: email@example.com Website: countrynatblogs.com @countrynatblogs: Twitter & Instagram. Countrynatblogs on Facebook […]